Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What would be the affect of having worn out Ball joints. How do I know its time to change them?

I have a Toyota Corolla 1996 with 220 K + on it. I am wondering what would be the affect of having worn out Ball joints. How do I know its time to change them? What are the signs? Thanks in advance for answer.What would be the affect of having worn out Ball joints. How do I know its time to change them?First sign of worn out ball joint, is too much play! and obviously bad handling. to check put the on a jack stand and wiggle the wheel, you can feel right away if there is any play ! now if you have handling problem on a car with 220k miles..it could be anything, suspension, joints, bushings you have replace everything to get it right, but it wouldn't be worth it. if the car is safe to drive I wouldn't put any money in to it. the reality is no matter how much you spend, it's only worth about $500 to $1000, max.



Good Luck!What would be the affect of having worn out Ball joints. How do I know its time to change them?Uneven tire wear and bad handling. Also you might hear a clunk when going over a bump or pothole.