Thursday, June 2, 2011

Exactly how can I tell if the front ball Joints are going bad in my?

`01 Sable ? The car runs fine. What can happen if they r bad and I don`t have them changed, I`m also told I have a broken rear spring. Very costly job to have all replaced. Is that correct ? The rest of the car is in excellent condition, so do not plan to trade. It has 67,000 miles on it.Exactly how can I tell if the front ball Joints are going bad in my?They should not have worn out at 67,000 miles, but to check them accuratly you need to go to a mechanic. many ball joints are designed to have some vertical movement Of up to 80 thousands of an inch but others do not.

If they are badly worn this could lead to excessive tyre wear and at the extreme failure of the joint at which time you do not want to be traveling at speed

A full set of springs would be expensive . I would only replace both rear ones If one is really brokenExactly how can I tell if the front ball Joints are going bad in my?jack up front tire. place one hand on top of wheel one hand on bottom push in with top hand while pulling out with bottom and vice versa. if wheel moves in and out ball joints r bad